Well Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Written

A site for young writers to find help and support in their writing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Librarian's: The Beginning

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Pleased, I patted his hilt and slowly made my way through the large space, not turning back till my stomach growled and my feet throbbed. Damn, I couldn't find the elevator though. I looked to it, frowning. "Lead me back?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Excalibur twisted a few times this way and that before darting off down one of the aisles, expecting her to follow. If he couldn't chase her, then she'd get to chase him.
Back to top Go down
https://wellwritten.forumotion.com
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I quickened my pace, trying to keep it in sight. "Hey! Wait up!" I tripped over a crate, knocking over over a box and falling to my knees, the contents spilling on top of me.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Excalibur came back around the corner to find her, waving around in the air, knocking the box off her. It bounced a few times impatiently, trying to get her up.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 pm

I groaned, rubbing my sore palms as I watched the box tip and marbles spill out. "Great..." I pushed the box off me, shooting a glare at the sword. "Stop that and help me pick this up." Not that I really expected it to help. But still. I inched forward, grabbing a handful of marbles. The second I grabbed one, I straightened, a thought hitting me: I need to get to Rome. Now. What am I still doing here, waisting time?
I stood up sharply, clinging to the marble, and starting forward. "We'll are you coming?" I shouted impatiently back to the sword,
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:41 pm

The sword flew around her then darted off quickly through the shelves and such to find Alvin.

Alvin

I was spinning in my chair when Excalibur came zooming into the office. I raised a brow as it spinned around and caught a bit of my shirt, tugging me forward. "Alright! Alright I'm up. Sheesh." I sighed and started to follow it, frowning as it picked up speed.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Finally, I found the elevator and jabbed the button, impatient to get upstairs. Once again, I found myself glad I didn't pack as all my plans to get to Rome raced through my head.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Alvin

I followed him down the aisles to where there were boxes tossed over. I saw the marbles and my eyes narrowed. "Damnit Alana!" I ran towards the elevator but it had already started up. Quickly I ran to the control pannel and cut off power, stopping the elevator just before it went up into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 pm

The elevator jolted to a stop, sending me back onto my knees. Seriously? I stood uneasily, feeling my way through the darkness to the control panel. "Up," I mumbled. "Dammit, up, I need to get up!!!" I clawed at the door, trying to pry it open.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Alvin

"ALANA!" I shouted up at her. "DROP THE MARBLE!" Damn girl, always having to touch things. My mind raced trying to think of thing that would encourage her to drop the marbel.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:14 pm

I froze as a muffled voice floated up to me. "... Alvin? ALVIN, YOUR BLASTED ELEVATORS HOLDING ME HOSTAGE AGAIN." I slammed on the door, frustrated. "Get me out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Alvin

My eyes darted around the ground as if that would help. "DROP THE MARBLE! IT WON'T LET YOU TAKE ARTIFACTS OUT!"
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Without hesitation, I dropped the marble I forgot I was holding, determined to get out and catch the next fligh-... I blinked, taking a step back and glancing at the darkness around me. "... What the... GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS HOCUS POCUS." I slammed on the door, very much back to my old self.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Alvin

I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I turned on the power and it came back down again. "I told you to not touch anything," I growled at her as she hit the bottom. "Why the marbles?!"
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

I ground my teeth, kicking it out at him. "Cause it was pretty, why else?" I growled back, stepping out. "The box feel over. They spilled out and I tried to pick them up. What are they?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Alvin

I took a handkerchief out of my pocket and picked up the marble, keeping it covered. "The marbles of Bobby Fisher. Drives people mad with determiniation. Not to mention causes high blood pressure and strokes." I turned and started to go pick up the box. "Come on, you've got to clean up your mess."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 pm

i rubbed my arm, following. "...Stokes? I'm too young for a stroke. Does /everything/
here posses you?
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Alvin

"No," I said shaking my head. "Some just kill you right off." I glanced at her then looked forward again and came to a stop in front of the aisle in which she had made a mess. "Here you go." I handed her the marble with the handkerchief over it. "Go clean it up."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm

I sighed, kicking a wayward marble toward the box with my foot. "The box isn't possessed too, right?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Alvin

"Nope," I said shaking my head. "Just the marbles." I leaned against the shelf and watched her, trying to hide the amusement in my eyes now that my anger had settled.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 pm

"Goody," I remarked dryly, getting on my hands and knees and slowly gathering them all. "...How'd you even know I touched one?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Alvin

I sighed. "Excalibur came and got me, took me to the marbles, and then I saw the elevator starting up. Did you abuse it? It never leaves while someone else is in the Archives."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I flushed, thinking back. "I ah... was rather sharp with it, yeah... Why doesn't it leave anyone down here?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Alvin

I thought for a moment then took a deep breath. "Like I said, it was from the first Hilton ever built. It's got a fierce loyalty to people, but it's also very sensitive. It wasn't some army elevator. But because it had a loyalty to it's customers, it's also got a loyalty to the Librarians. It thinks of them like family." I gave a small shrug. "But like I said, it's sensitive."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:24 pm

"Humph," was all I managed, carefully picking up each one then putting them and the box away. "This is Excalibur's fault. Just so you know." I pushed past him, my cheeks red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Librarian's: The Beginning
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Written :: Character Developement :: Character Chat :: Fantasy-
Jump to: