Well Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Written

A site for young writers to find help and support in their writing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demons in the Shadows

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

Demons in the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:22 pm

"Death...it accompanies everything....Life?...It's just there. Everything revolves around the two. They are always together. In one room a baby is born, in the next, a true love dies. They are cruel in their game. Giving and then, just as suddenly, taking away. Laughing. Mocking. Always near."

~Misty; My Brother Soda

In a world where a minute of failure could determine the life or death of a nation, there is no room for mistakes. In this day and age, an evil stirs, Death roams the Earth. Quite literally. His forces are moving, killing mercilessly so as to expand his empire, and ultimately, to bring all mankind down to burn in hell for the rest of eternity. But there are those who have been chosen to stop Death. Or at least put him back into his place. His minions scour the land, searching for anything and everything that they can claim for their master. What looks like a disease to some is actually more than that. But the untrained eye cannot see the demons hiding in the shadows. They see glimpses out of the corner of their eye, fleeting images, but it is always just pushed aside as a figment of the imagination.

You have been chosen, but you do not know it. To you, it is just another day in the life. Until they show up on your doorstep and they strip you of everything dear, to come face to face with your worst nightmares, and perhaps even Death himself. Who are they? Well...you'll just have to find out and hope that Death doesn't find you first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Setting: Summer day in the park.

Character outline:

Name
~hair
~eyes
~frame
~skin
~clothing
~other
Personality
History

I'm going to request ^ that, unless you have a picture, which is fine. I just ask that you still put "frame" and put the general height and such. Please, be descriptive. This is just to try and get away from things like "tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, buff." Like it or not, those still pop up every once in a while.

The Grid:
The Grid is a separate dimension that hovers between Heaven, Hell, and Earth. It’s sorta, not realy, like platform 9 ¾. Only those who know it’s there can go there, and the only way to get there is to, in a sense, die. Most people get there by shooting themselves. Those who work there, never feel the pain of the death unless they do something stupid like slit their wrists and wait to die. Some get more creative, like 27, and jump in front of an oncoming train or something. Most sucide deaths that you hear of are people going back to The Grid. It is headquarters for /them/. Those people that come and rip you from your life, train you to fight demons, and then send you out into the world of nightmares where you may or may not get your soul ripped from you by Death or his minions. The head-honcho is Life, aka Teresa. She likes fighting with Death, she finds it a game, and actually has many flings with him. (just a side note)

Death and Teresa will be played by me...although I won't put up a description of either of them because that's just to much work and they don't come up to often....hopefully..

Demons you'll encounter:

Searchers- Creatures that range in level, level 1 being the strongest. They steal souls from the body, resulting in coma's, vegetable people, and things of the such. Death doesn't really care about the body actually dying, he just wants the souls that inhabit them. Searchers vary in size and description. The creatures from The Village are just about the closest you'll get to trying to describe them, but few have the spikes in the back. They hide beneath their cloaks and walk unseen among the people.

The Questing Beast- It has the body of a leopard and the head of a snake. Its venom is highly poisonous, where one bite means certain death. Keeps mostly to the woods, attacking hikers and such. Only one Questing Beast can exist at a time.

Baykok- a walking skeleton but with a thin translucent skin and fearsome red eyes glowing from the sockets in its skull. It preys only on warriors and kills either with its club or invisible arrows. It is most commonly found in wars, or even on army bases.

Afanac- http://merlin.wikia.com/wiki/Afanc

Fucanglong- Dragons of the underworld, they usually guard the entrance and the treasures to be found there.

Wraiths- Creatures brought back from the dead with the promise of getting revenge for their death if they complete the tasks given them. Zombie-ish looking.

Wendigo- Creatures of covenant. To become a Wendigo, you must kill the one you love most, and eat their heart. Their forms are that of a man and can be seen by people. Although, the longer you are a wendigo, the more your form twists and mutates to look like a dog. They are the personal servants of Death and will be the most common of those that you encounter, along with Searchers.

More demons will be added later.

Alright, now for the part you hate. Rules.

1.) Have fun
2.) This is a chat made for "one liners" in a way. Me and Ella were talking, and we missed our old chats before one liners were looked down upon. We had more fun, and our muses were less...um....burdened. As long as it's workable, I don't really care. I just want to have fun again and enjoy chatting...I mean think about it. It's like chatbox, in an actual chat form....just don't do the chatbox "Will: *goes does stuffs*" type thing.

3.) Ask before you join
4.) Characters should be 16 or older. I suggest that if your character is sixteen, they are sixteen almost seventeen.
5.) Ask before you put a character as "Them," by them I mean those who go around picking out the chosen. Please pm me.
Back to top Go down
https://wellwritten.forumotion.com
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Misty-

I gave a small nod as I took her words into consideration and tried my hardest to stop the tears from flowing even faster than they already were. I talked with Serenity for a while, then left to go home so I could think clearly without any distractions. By the time midnight rolled around, my eyes were dry and my mind was made up. I was going. I knew Tio was struggling with me being there, financially I mean..so maybe it was time for a change. I walked over to a bench where I saw a guy with a hood. My steps were slow and careful, wary of the stranger. I didn't know for sure who he was...but he kinda creeped me out.

Carl-

My hood was up, as always, as I sat on the park bench, waiting for who knows what. I hadn't heard the squeaky shoes yet, but I did hear the steps of someone small. I couldn't decide if it was a child or just a really tiny girl, either way they probably shouldn't have been out this late.

27-

I sat in the shadows a good distance away as I watched the small group start to gather. One by one appearing while a small smirk lit up my face. It was funny how teens thought their life would be so much better if they could just...disappear. Boy were they in for a rude awakening. Then again I did warn them this wouldn't be a cake walk....didn't I?
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Serenity

I made myself another dinner once Misty left, now feeling calm enough to keep it down. In fact, I felt more than calm... I felt excited. Not everything was lost, maybe this meant I'd be carrying along an old friend with me into this new life. There was hope after all.
By the time mom came home I was already in bed playing sick. She didn't come check on me though. Once she saw my bag on the counter I heard her make her way straight to her room, computer in hand. After her busy day she;d be asleep in no time, so I had no trouble sneaking out past the alarms and to the park.
I shivered a little at the cold but didn't hesitate as I located two familiar forms sitting on a bench and joined them, remaining silent.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:02 am

27-

I sighed and pushed off the tree and began to walk towards them, waving as I approached. "So, you've decided to come?" I asked as I got closer, a small smile on my face.

Carl-

I had relaxed just a bit by the time Serenity had gotten there, but at the sound of the squeaky shoes I tensed again and I closed my eyes, not that it helped any. This was going to be...rough. I was, after all, blind.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Serenity
I pulled my legs up onto the bench as he approached, doubt slowly filling me again.
"..."
I gave a small nod and glanced at the other two, nervous and wondering what next.
"...What now?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 am

27-

I gave a small smile. "Well...this is your last chance to reconsider. Otherwise," I held out my hand to her. There was only one way to get where we were going and seeing as how they weren't exactly...enhanced. They couldn't get there on their own. "We'll have to go one at a time."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 am

Serenity
I stared at his hand, my doubt starting to grow bigger and bigger. Could I do this? Should I do this? I didn't know. I just...
Movement caught my eye far off- a demon. He was scuttling around a bush a good 20 yards away. My eyes flash wildly to Misty, wondering if she saw it too. But before I even gave her a chance to respond, I swallowed hard and placed my hand in his. I couldn't do this anymore, it was now or never. I guess I chose now.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 pm

27-

I wrapped my fingers around hers and as soon as my hand closed, the world started to dissolve as if all the colors were literally melting away and blending into a pool that reconstructed itself into what was known as the Grid. A form started to make its way towards us as the world began to solidify and we stood on solid black ground, or rather the floor of the main grid. Shilo, a man that looked to be at least 19 but was far older, stood waiting. His light sandy hair looked a bit tousled while his grey eyes seemed almost emotionless despite the smile he wore. " 'Ello Shy, come to help?" Shilo gave a nod and I nodded back. "This is Serenity," I said as I passed her hand to his which seemed to envelope hers and leave nothing to suggest she even had a hand. "I'll be back with the others, there are two more." With that I disappeared again.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Serenity
I startled when the world began to melt away and stared around in shock as it began to reform, placing us somewhere... different.
No way. This actually just happened? My God, he was telling the truth after all, I wasn't crazy!
The realization had me wide eyed and frozen in place. Words just seemed.... nonexistent and I couldn't make the sounds turn into something meaningful as I heard the man speak to.... someone. I was just... shocked. I couldn't think anything outside of one thought- I wasn't crazy, until I felt a new hand envelope mine. I blinked and pulled my hand back, looking up at the figure cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:28 pm

(merph, I'm changing his hair to a darker color, he's so asdfgjkl)

Shilo-

I stared down at the girl and let my hand fall. It would be a while before 27 got back with the others so I gave a small bow, and gestured for her to follow me. I then began to walk down the hall, and expected nothing less than her cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Serenity
I glanced to my left, then my right, wondering why he was walking away. I didn't have much time to question it though, because, well... he walked fast. Or maybe I just walked slow... I was pretty short so my legs were small but that's besides my point. I couldn't loose site of him. So I quickly stumbled to his side, pulling my sleeves down nervously. "Erm... where are we and... where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm

(I'ma write for him in third..it's easier)

Shilo turned slightly, glancing down at Serenity who seemed a /long/ ways down. "The Grid," he said, but that was all. He turned back to watch the hall way as if something might jump out. He stopped in front of a large door and just stood there, waiting. The door was white and stretched to the ceiling with a cathedral type arch. Its trim and design were in gold and the knobs were really more like handles formed in the shape of the tree of life.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Serenity
"..."
Oooooky then... Um... Right, I totally knew that.
"..."
What in the world did I just get myself into?

I wrapped my arms around myself, tilting my head back to awe over the door for a moment before pulling my eyes away and back to the boy. I hesitantly reached out, resting an open palm against the door to feel it before snapping my hand back and around myself. "Where are the others?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Shilo turned, his eyes seeming to warm slightly as they stared down at her. "They will be coming," he said softly, his tone attempting to be of comfort. He couldn't help find amusement at her awe towards the door, his eyes smiling down at her. But then again, only a few decades ago, it had been him standing in awe. She was fortunate to have people coming with her. He had found himself alone, crying out for sanctuary. His eyes seemed to sadden slightly and he turned back to the door.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Serenity
"Right," I huffed, digging my nails into my palms to ward off a small wave of anxiety. I let out a shaky breath and just... stood there, my thoughts swirling as my anxiety slowly started to build. Alright, so I wasn't crazy, I just saw demons. Wonderful. And now I was in a strange place with a complete, tall, stranger while my very existence gets washed from the minds of anyone I ever held dear. Which... pretty much was no one, but regardless. Life as I knew it has all been one fucked up lie, that right there was enough to send anyone into panic.
"... Right," I repeated, biting my lip.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Shilo glanced back at her and set a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You will be alright," he said softly with a nod. The door opened and he gently led her in by the small of her back. The room was pure white and bursting with all sorts of plant life that had golden trunks and stems, and white leaves and petals. Any fruit looked as though it was a creamed blend of white and gold. In the middle, on a large throne of pure white, sat a beautiful woman with jet black hair and golden eyes. Carl and Misty were already standing there, both looking a little more...relaxed and relieved. 27 was standing back aways next to a slender girl with the same dark black hair and bright grey eyes.

Shilo led serenity forward to stand by Misty, then slowly backed away to stand next to the others.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Serenity
I'm pretty sure my eyes remained as wide as saucer dishes as I was led through the.... magnificent room. Oddly enough, his words calmed me and I was no longer trying to impale my lip nervously with my teeth. The second I spotted Misty I nearly glomped her, clinging to her side. Thank God she came with me. She was something familiar; something from my past to remind me of who I was. "Have you seen this pla-" My hushed whispers cut off as my eyes landed on the girl in the... throne.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

The woman stared at the three of them for a long time before she finally spoke. "You wish to be guardians?" She asked, her voice sounding of silk though it held an ominous echo. "You came of your own free will so as to protect life and walk as shadows among the living?" She looked...well she looked almost impressed. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Serenity
What? Erm... No, I don't recall agreeing to any of that mumbojumbo, no matter how fancily she worded it. I came because I'm being stalked by creatures with pinches who keep trying to kill me! If anything, /I/ needed the protection. Not "the living".
"I'm sorry... what? No... we came because we were told he could make them go away. ...We could be... normal, then," I replied, choosing my words carefully.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 am

The woman raised her brow and turned her eyes to 27. He gave a small shrug and she frowned at him. This wasn't the first time he'd mislead the living in order to get recruits. "We can help you defeat them, but you will always see them," she said after a long moment as her eyes turned to Serenity. They were intense and seemed to bore into their souls. Shilo shifted slightly, and a frown tugged at the corner of his lips. He'd seen that look before. She wasn't happy.

"I'm afraid you will never lead a normal life," she said as she stood, a light seeming to follow her as she walked towards them. "You will be immortal, sickness, though you may contract it, cannot take life from you. The only thing that would kill you, is a demon." Her face was solemn, though there was a sharp look to her eye. "Our numbers are quickly dwindling and we need those who are willing to help us. If that is not you, you will be returned to your life with out any memory of the events that happened here. You will still see demons as always, but you will not remember this meeting, or 27."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:30 am

Serenity

I tightened my hold on Misty, eyes widening at everything the lady said.
This was all... mindnumbingly crazy. I'd say I was dreaming it all but there's no way my mind could come up with this stuff. I wasn't /that/ out there. "Why exactly... are your numbers dwindling?" I whispered, really starting to dislike like being the mouthpiece for our group.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Misty

I clung to Serenity just about as much as she was clinging to me. Although, I did feel almost a sense of calm hit me as the woman spoke and I listened to her story. I didn't know if I had just gotten to the point of no return on my stress over load, or if I had just accepted what was happening and decided to move on. Either way, it all seemed to make perfect sense to me..and in a way...made me feel as if I had a purpose. "Because of the demons," I muttered quietly in answer to Serenity's question. "And to people like us, Death could be very appealing."

The woman nodded and watched the three of them. "Yes," she said softly. "But it is your choice. If you wish to stay, take a stand next to Shilo. Otherwise, come stand beside me and I will return you."

I watched the woman for a long moment and bit my lip. I looked at Serenity. Maybe...maybe she was right and it was time for a new beginning. I slid my arm out of hers and made my way over and stood by Shilo. If I was going to not exist, I might as well do it for something.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Serenity
I bit my lip as Misty pulled away and went over to the man. What was I going to do? If what they're saying is true, I've come here under false pretenses. I'll never be... normal and I'll always be some freak. I could die! But... at least I wouldn't be alone... Misty's going. And there are others, they said. The very thought of returning to my empty, cold house had my insides flipping. I couldn't do that. I couldn't come this far only to turn back! At least I'd have my friends here. At least I wouldn't be alone.
"..."
I hesitated for a moment before stepping to Misty's side. "You die on me and I'm going to kick your immortal butt." I whispered, still on edge.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Misty-

I couldn't help a slight flush at Serenity's comment and a sheepish smile. I had no plans of dying...but then again it was something I hadn't even considered happening. I just slipped my hand into hers and gave a comforting squeeze. I watched as the woman went over to Carl, who looked torn in his decision, and put an arm around him and lead him away. I bit my lip and looked to Serenity, then to Shilo. Now what?

Shilo looked down at the two girls, then gently guided them to a door that looked exactly like the last. This one had a different hall, one that looked like the inside of a hospital almost.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Serenity
He... didn't come. I wasn't sure why, but that kind of stung. I guess after how we bonded, I kind of was relying on him to stay by our sides as well. I watched Carl be led away then turned to the new room, blinking at the difference in appearances. "What's going to happen now?" I managed, my voice barely audible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons in the Shadows   Demons in the Shadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons in the Shadows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next