Well Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Written

A site for young writers to find help and support in their writing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Librarian's: The Beginning

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

I resisted the urge to shuck of her hand, not use to personal contact. Its too intimate. getting personal is a no-no. There's no saying how long ill be here"So I /am / his partner." I couldn't resist a smug grin.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 pm

The Director gave a small nod. "Yes..but I would ..how do you people say it these days? 'Play it cool'? Until he gets to know you, or life will be hell. He learned a lot for Cristy before she passed." She let her hand drop and went back to folding them. "She made his life a living hell when he first got here."
Back to top Go down
https://wellwritten.forumotion.com
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm

"Er... like... a literal hell?" I loooked nervously back to my computer, mentally running through a list of the artifacts and trying to pinpoint which one would do that.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:01 pm

The Director smirked and shrugged a bit. "I'm not so sure, he hates cleaning up after people. But I suppose of you tempted him enough. Cristy gave him Abraham Lincoln's hat."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

"He told me 'bout that..." I flushed as I recalled my own incident this morning. "What exactly do we do as ...."protectors"?
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:09 pm

The Director chuckled. "You keep the artifacts safe, and retrieve the ones that are causing problems."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:15 pm

"I see..." I thought this over, picking at a hang nail. "Alright. Fine. Ill stay. Just feed him some happy pills or something."
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm

"I'll see what I can do," The Director said with a small smile. "Don't expect any drastic changes though." She then turned and started to walk away, walking straight through the door.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 pm

I gasped and stumbled back, forgetting this wasn't my old bed and misjudging the distance, tumbling right over and onto my butt. I stared at that door for a while before I remembered to close my mouth. Cautious, I stood up and walked forward, touching it to test for solidarity. "Freaky..." I shook off my goosebumbs and went into the bathroom, changing my contacts out for my backup glasses. My eyes instantly thanked me as I walked out and mulled around, trying to find my way back to the archives. I had questions now. I had to know more.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Alvin

I sat at the desk quietly, my eyes on the book in front of me. The library had hit its slow point of the day, so I wasn't really all that worried about wandering around to help people. I glanced up and saw Alana moving around through the library and tilted my head slightly. If she was looking for the Archives, the doors wouldn't let her through. I gave a small shrug and looked back down at my book, no longer concerned. The doors only liked familiar faces.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:02 pm

At last I found my way back to the doors. Gaining confidence, I tried to open them, but damn they were locked. I frowned and ran my hands across them. How did Alvin get in? He didn't have a key, they just.... opened. I looked up for a sensory dector, but there was none. My brows furrowed as a small thought crept through me. What if these doors were like the archieves? What if they were.... alive.. kinda. I carassed the wood, trying to not feel weird as I pressed my cheeks to the wood and whispered: "Hey there... I like your, ah... wood polish. Nice color. Mind letting me in?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Alvin

I couldn't help myself after a while. Watching her poke around was to interesting. I followed her quietly and smirked as she found the doors. I listened to her talk to it and burst out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I whirled around, heat filling my cheeks in an angry burst of red. "What?" I quipped, wishing in that moment more than ever to be anywhere but here. "It wouldn't open!"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Alvin

I wiped at my eyes as I tried to quiet my laughing, holding my sides. "It doesn't like flattery," I managed to say as I tried to catch my breath. "Only familiar faces. It's a very mistrusting door."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:55 pm

I threw up my hands. "Well how the hell was I suppose to know that." I whapped the door in frustation. "It's not like it doesn't know me!"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Alvin

I cringed as she hit the door and chuckled, shaking my head. "That just added another two months to the 'do not trust' time period. It took me over six months before it let me through without Cristy."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Well damn. "I'm not going to be here that long. Won't it just let me through?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Alvin

I shook my head and watched her. "Nope. Not unless the Director or I, am with you."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I tried to hold my growing disappointment. "...Will you get it open then? ...Please."
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Alvin

I watched her for a moment then glanced around the library. "We're only staying down there for half an hour," I told her before going around and standing in front of the door. It slowly moved open and I gestured for her to go in. "This time, don't touch anything. I mean it."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 pm

I rolled my eyes defiantly at him and started forward, once again pretending he and his prikish self wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Alvin

I rolled my eyes right back at her and followed her into the elevator, pressing the button. Lord help us all.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I stared at a wall for a good ten minutes, wishing this darn thing to go faster. "..." I jabbed the button again, impatient to get out of the closed space with him.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Alvin

I attempted to stop her before she could jab the button, but was to slow and the elevator came to a halt as a result. "Great," I muttered a ran a hand through my hair. I didn't bother pressing the button, knowing it wouldn't do any good. It'd take the elevator at least another ten minutes before it started going again.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:38 pm

I blinked, looking around. "What happened....?" I jabbed it a few more times, panicking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian's: The Beginning   The Librarian's: The Beginning - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Librarian's: The Beginning
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Written :: Character Developement :: Character Chat :: Fantasy-
Jump to: