Well Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Written

A site for young writers to find help and support in their writing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silent Cacophony

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 pm

I smiled a little, surprisingly... relieved. "Alright." I picked up Sammy's empty plate, nudging him with my elbow. "Go pick out the movie. I'll break out the cake."
He grinned, jumping down off his seat and turning to Craig. "Do you like Sherlock Homes?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Craig

I looked to the kid and smiled, giving a bit of a nod. "Best movie ever." I stole a few glances back at his sister, but for the most part kept my attention on Sammy.
Back to top Go down
https://wellwritten.forumotion.com
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Sammy darted off and I lapsed back into my awkward-....ness, silently getting out the cake, which is more accurately described as four layers and /very/ lavishly decorated -another amend attempt of good ole mum-, and rummaged for a knife to cut it. "... Want some?" I flourished the knife, which is probably not the safest idea I've had. But all fingers remained intact,
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Craig

I sorta leaned back when she started waving the knife around and gave a small smile. "Sure, I could eat some of that." I watched her, leaning forward until my elbows were on the counter when I saw that the knife was at a safe distance. "So. ..you guys home alone tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I nodded sharply, my boiling resentment hard to keep down now that Jonny wasn't in the room to see. I brought the knife down on the cake, rather sharply. ... Maybe to sharply. "What about you? You really had nothing better to do than work?" The words leave my mouth before I can stop them. I shoot him an apologetic look. "I mean ... empty house too?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Craig

I blinked at the sharpness of her movements and voice, raising a brow. "Ya, something like that anyway," I said with a bit of a shrug
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:41 pm

I didn't press. Even if I wanted to, Sammy came skipping in so I couldn't.
"I got it," he gloated, shoving the movie for Craig to take.
I manage a smile, serving very generous slices onto each plate and handing it to them. "Bona peti. We can eat in the living room if you want." We're never allowed to eat in there. We may ruin the carpet.
Oh well.
Jonny doesn't question yet another rule that I'm allowing him to break. He grabs the plate and books it in. I watch him go, envy of his blissful ignorance, and grab the remaining plates. "This way." I follow Jonny into yet another well furnished room.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Craig

I watch with curiosity and bring the movie with me as I follow them. I then hold the movie out to Leilah. .. at least that's what I think her name is, maybe it's Leslie. And attempt to switch her since I don't know how to work the system and don't want to break it.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I shuffled the weight of the plates around, switching off with him. "Think fast." I toss the movie to Sammy, who was much better at handling all those buttons than I, and plopped down on a long, soft couch. I held up my hand for the plates, so he could sit down without risking dropping it on the white couch. I didn't want to risk my hide with mom, even if the world thought this was it.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Craig

I handed her the plates back and sat down in front of the couch, not wanting to dirty it any. I mean at least the floor was easy to cover, right? Just shove a couch over the spot I'd been sitting and you're good. I then reached back for my plate, still trying to piece together how it was exactly that I ended up in the house....well more like why I ended up in the house.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 pm

I slipped him a plate and fork then pulled my legs up, turning my attention to the movie the sammy got on. He hopped onto the couch and gobbled up him cake, eyes locked on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Craig

I turned my attention to the screen, making sure that I didn't touch the couch, and watched the movie quietly, eating the monstrous piece of cake. It was good, but very rich so I couldn't finish it all other wise I'd get sick.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 pm

I handed my unfinished cake to Sammy, who happily devoured it, and curled up with my laptop on my lap. I typed silently, eyes flicking to the screen. I typed till I ran out of things to say then put my computer to sleep and placed it aside. It wasn't long till the movie drew to an end. A held back a yawn and stretched, stealing a glance at the clock. 10pm.
Jonny jumped up, hyper from the sugar. "Best.Movie.Ever!"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Craig

I couldn't help but chuckle at the kid's obvious excitement, and raised a brow at his sister. Now what was she going to do with him being so hyped up. It'd take at least two hours to get him calmed down, maybe more. Not that he'd have the more of the world really did come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

I grinned as well, catching Craigs eyes.
"..."
I looked back to Sammy, clearing my throat. "Glad you liked. Now go brush your teeth. It's bed time."
He groaned. I guess he expected me to break this rule too. "Come on, please? Just one more movie?"
"No. You know the rules. Bed at 9. It's 10. Do you want mom to kill me?"
"She's already gunna kill you. I got chocolate on the rug." He snapped his hands over his mouth, clearly not meaning to tell me that.
I narrow my eyes in mock anger. "Bed. Now. I'll be in to tuck you in with some milk."
He grumbled and grudgingly made his way to the door. "Bye Leilah's friend. Hope you don't die."
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Craig

I couldn't help but laugh and waved at the kid. "Goodnight, kid." I shook my head and looked back at the girl. "Want some help cleaning up?"
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 pm

I nodded, running a hand through my hair with a sigh. "That'd be great, yeah." I gathered the plates and inspected the chocolate stain, rubbing it with my foot.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Craig

"I got it," I said and got up going to the kitchen. I ravaged the cupboards for some cleaning products and went back and cleaned up the spot on the ground, not forgetting to check where I had been sitting, very conscious about my own filth since I was in such a nice place. I really didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

I took the products gratefully and let it sit, gathering back up the plates and starting toward the kitchen. "You all done with this?" I jerked my chin toward his plate.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Craig

"Ya," I said with a nod as I followed her. "It was good, thank you." I found my coke which I had left in the kitchen and took a swig, hoping to wash out some of the taste of the cake.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 pm

"Anytim-..." I dwindled off, troubled by the paradox of that word and this moment. "..." I clear my throat and pour some milk into a cup, brows furrowed as I pull some pills from the cupboard and drop two into it. I stir it to let it dissolve, eyes flickering toward Sammy's room. Once again, I awkward.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Craig

I watch her carefully and raise a brow. "What's that you just put in it?" I ask curiously, hoping she's not planning on poisoning the kid. I mean what if the world doesn't end?
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm

I blinked, looking up, and flush. This must look bad, huh? "Sleep pills." I toss the bottle his way and wait for the sounds that tell me Sammy's finally made his way into bed. "What if... it hurts?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Craig

I catch the bottle and look it over before looking back at her. I set the bottle down and awkwardly go over to her, giving her a gentle hug. "Don't worry about it," I said in the calmest voice I could manage. "If it happens, it'll happen fast. But I honestly don't think it'll happen. I think we'll all wake up and find we're in a mess because of our waste." I quickly let her go and took a few steps back and stared at my ratty sneakers.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm

I inhale, thinking over his words, then exhale. "...Thanks. I should... get this to him anyway. Too much energy. Will you... still be here? I just need to say goodbye. Just in... just in case." My hands were shaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Cacophony
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Written :: Character Developement :: Character Chat :: Era-
Jump to: