Well Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Written

A site for young writers to find help and support in their writing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silent Cacophony

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Craig

I watch her for a long moment, taking in her shaking form, and honestly I feel bad for her. "I can be if you want me too," I say.
Back to top Go down
https://wellwritten.forumotion.com
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 pm

"I'd... /really/ appreciate it," I reply, laughing in light hysteria. "If you want, I mean. I can't expect you to spend your last night with some strange, rich brat." I got control of my limbs, the shaking a mininmin.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Craig

I give a slight smile and nod. "I'll be there then. Like I said, got nothin' better to do." I gestured for her to go give the kid his milk. "Don't make it to obvious you're sayin' goodbye. Don't want him scared."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm

I nod, turning to leave then hesitate and shoot him a smile before heading to sammy's room. It's ten or more minutes before I pull myself away, barely holding back tears as he groggily said goodnight. I turned off his light and slowly shuffled out to the kitchen, dreading to see it empty and the guy gone. Not that I could blame him.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am

Craig

I was standing by the counter, right where she had left me stunned by the smile, when I saw her come shuffling back into the kitchen. I had just been debating on pouring us some wine, but figured it was probably better to keep it all put away. "You alright?" I ask, taking a step forward, but not going any farther than that, wondering if I should.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 am

I nod, wiping my face clear with my sleeve. "Yeah. He'll be out in a moment." A breath in to steady myself and I look at the clock. 10:30. I bite my lip and look back to him. "Ever hear of a burn list?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 am

Craig

I blinked and tilted my head slightly. "Not unless it's anything like a bucket list. Why?" I asked curiously, taking a few steps closer and leaning against the counter.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 am

"Er, yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry." I slipped on a kitchen stool, watching him. "Well... anything you've wanted to do that you haven't yet?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 am

Craig

I watched her for a moment then gave a small shrug. "Sure there is," I said with a deep breath. "Fall in love, as cheesy as that sounds, make an actual life for me. Get out of the Projects, become somethin' more than a pizza boy. Finish school." I gave another shrug and leaned on the counter with my elbows this time, rather than just my torso. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:56 am

I raised a brow, surprised at the maturity of his answers. "Nothing grand. Just... to be published. Nothing I could do tonight." I gave a small shrug, eyes flicking to the fridge. "Want a drink? I mean... I real drink."
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 am

Craig

I followed her gaze before looking back at her. "I don't know, you think that's safe?" It wasn't that I was afraid of the drink, it wouldn't be the first time I had one. But I didn't know this girl, and who knew what would happen once we got a few drinks in us. "Hangovers suck, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 am

I flushed, embarrassed as his line of thinking dawned on me. "I-... right. Sorry. I just thought-.... right." I rubbed my arm, glancing around. "Anything else you wanted to do then? That can be done in...an hour."
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 am

Craig

I shrugged and smirked slightly, my eyes never leaving her face. She was to funny to watch, to innocent. "Not that I'd mind having one, just want to make sure you had thought it all through." Sure I wasn't exactly the most innocent guy around, probably didn't have that clean of a slate either, if you know what I mean, but I wasn't a total douche bag...or at least I tried to not be. Especially when people were...how did the social worker put it? Emotionally compromised? She definitely was emotionally compromised at the moment. "I'm down with whatever, though."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 am

I glanced back at the fridge, looking forlornly to where the forbidden stash would be located. "... Just one," I conclude. I had a bucket list too, after all. Sadly enough, this small act of defiance was one of them. I stood and opened the fridge, staring blindly at the selection.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 am

Craig

I watched her for a moment before I came up beside her, chuckling a bit. "This one," I said as I pulled out a bottle that I new to be the good stuff. I'd gotten myself in some rough patches, and I didn't live in the Ritz, but I wasn't stupid when it came to drinks. I guess you could say I was well educated in my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 am

I tilted my head and read the label outloud. "You know how to open it?" I closed the fridge and pulled two wine glasses from the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 am

Craig

I gave a small nod and pulled the wrapping from the top, then raided the drawers for a cork screw. I then twisted it into the top and held it over the sink as I popped the cork out. As always, the bottle foamed and over flowed some and into the sink. "Ready?" I asked as I wiped the bottle and my hand off to keep it from getting sticky.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:37 am

I nodded in anticipation in placed down the wine glasses, watching him curiously. "You a bartender too?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 am

Craig

I smirked and shook my head before pouring a good amount in each glass and set down the bottle. "Nope....just had a colorful life," I said, picking up my glass and holding it out to her. "To spontaneous acquaintances."
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 am

A smile touched my lips. "ANd to hangovers. May we have many." I wrinked and sipped, taking in the flavor of this forbidden drink. Honestly, with all the hype on it, I expected something like cake. But it will do. I take another sip.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 am

Craig

I smirked and took a sip of my own drink and let out a deep breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding. It was strong and stung my throat as it went down, but it was good. Potent. You'd be lucky to get through the whole glass without getting tipsy.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 am

I stayed silent, enjoying the moment, the calm, the heat washing through me. " ... Wanna go sit in the livingroom? The couches are better." My tongue got use to the potent taste and I could drink a full draft now, instead of minute sips. So I did.
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:55 am

Craig

I watched her a little carefully, keeping and ear out for the slur. If she started to slur, I knew she had to much. "Sure," I said with another small shrug as I had been doing all night, and followed her to the living room to sit on the couch.
Back to top Go down
Ella Rose

Ella Rose

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:03 am

I sat down on the couch, licking some wine off my fingers that sloushes and tucking up my feet. I fought hard to keep my eyes from the clock, but I couldn't. I took another sip. "You really don't think anything will happen?"
Back to top Go down
Taylow
Admin
Taylow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am

Craig

I thought about her question for a long moment, taking a large drink as I did so, my mind starting to buzz. "I think. .. I think something's gonna happen, but I don't think it's gonna be the end of the world. There's no indication that there is a large meteor, or any natural disasters, or anything. I think it's a turning point maybe. . .but that's it. Know what else I think it is?" I paused, taking another drink. "A rouse. To get us to a weak point so our enemies attack. I mean think about it. Everyone thinks they're going to die, so they all spend all their money, not caring about the debt or anything else. Then where does that put us? It's a terrorist thing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Cacophony   Silent Cacophony - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Cacophony
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Written :: Character Developement :: Character Chat :: Era-
Jump to: